Notes for OSP SPINS package
The new OSP version is enhanced with tutorials and exercises built into the program, or rather, the SPINS program is built into an OSP framework that has these features and allows the SPINS code to run. However, in the tutorials and exercises, the SPINS code is limited in its features to those needed for the particular task.
- When OSP SPINS opens, there are three buttons at the bottom labeled Exercises, Tutorials, and About. Once you select one of these you have to select the menu item "Back" under the "File" menu in order to return to the three button option.
- In each mode (Exercises, Tutorials, About) there are two frames in the window. The left frame has the menu structure and the right frame has the text for the chosen menu selection.
- To run the SPINS program specific to any exercise just double click on the name of the exercise in the left frame of the program. The SPINS box will appear, but will have functionality limited to those requied for the exercise or tutorial.
- To run the unlimited SPINS program, select the "About" button at the bottom, expand the menu item "OSP Spins Program" in the left frame, and double click on the "Default Configuration."
- More info about OSP is available at their web site.
- The OSP Spins Package page is here.
- The OSP QM Spins Program (with no built in exercises) page is here.